Electrical Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landmark

Reaction score
So i was at dealership about month a go. Was having problem with the right rear passenger window. If i would use the auto up, as soon as the window hit the top, it would automatically roll right back down. So i had to roll it up slowly. Then i had a couple times of tire pressure reading faults. I guess it turns out, LR was aware of this and was sending out letters of a fix. Well...it didn't work. The left rear passenger will not roll up by itself when you do the "auto" feature and now the right window is having same problem as the left one did. Anyone else. I did get a 50 coupon for accessories which came in handy for mud flaps.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR has released a 2010 "Enhancement Program" software update. I know the window close for passenger rear was part of the upgrade. Have you had this done?

Landmark

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I was to have the software update while i was there. I called the dealership the week following to let them know the software update did not work just so they know. I will be going to get wheels rotated and balanced soon, i will try to have the software update one more time, i guess.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the "one-touch" windows reset procedure illustrated in the owner's manual yet? If they messed around with the battery during the software updates it is possible that some of the windows may need to be reset for the "one-shot" up feature to start operating again.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had same problem when I got the car back in January. It was a known issue back then too so they applied the software fix per TSB. Issue came back couple of weeks later. Reset procedure per owner's manual doesn't work. I've got a notice for software upgrade program and a $50 voucher so I am hoping they have newer software fix that will fix it for good. This has been the only issue with my LR4 so far out of 6 month of ownership.

Landmark

Reaction score
Exactly tjp74. I will be curious when i go back if the "new" fix works.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge