EBC SLotted Rotors and Yellowstuff 4000 pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the EBC slotted rotors with the yellowstuff 4000 pads?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What sort of driving do you do? I am a bigger believer in DBA slotted and drilled rotors cause they are drilled not dimpled so they vent more hot brake gases. That being said, I know a number of other people that are quite pleased with the EBC.
As for the brake pads, EBC makes a number of brake pads, here again, based on the type of driving you do and the amount os stopping power you are looking for.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's not over analyze this, I do mild off roading and sometimes pull a trailer. Looking for something a little more powerful than OE. I really dont think I need to vent more gases than the slotted rotors can not too worried about brake fade, the LR isn't my track day car. True drilled rotors arent the best for off road use anyway.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And why aren't slotted and drilled the best for off road, probably ought to tell the majority of the drivers who run the 500 and 1000 both in nevada and Baja.
And I don't over analyze any, you asked a specific question and to give a good response, I ask for more details, or were you not really wanting some benefical information?

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, drilled rotors arent bad for off road use, but not recommended by many companies b/c dirt,mud and other debris can become lodged in the drilled holes. Causing rusting and decreasing the life span of the rotor. It is stated many places online. Comparing the kind of off roading we do in LR's to Baja racers or Throphy trucks is just plain dumb. When I go off road I usually dont run my LR those speeds, do you? I thought not. From what I've seen Mike you really haven't really provided any benefical information to the LR3 forum. You have been wrong many times, given bad information, and been called out on it. Some examples are: You thought the LR3 had sealed hubs and there was no need to lube the wheel centers...wrong; you thought the LR3 had ignition wires when they have coil packs; Giving someone the wrong info as to the amount of the diff fluid in the LR3; stating that there is no Discovery 4 in europe;stating the LR3 has no "recovery points" c'mon really?; stating you cant clean a MAF sensor. Should I go on?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So we don't disagree, thats fine, and yes I have missed on some LR3 information, but I tell you what, I have over 25,000 posts and replys on a number of Rover forums and if I miss on less then 1% of them, I am OK with that.
I will stick with what I asked you, if you didn't want a reply asking for more information, you shouldn't have asked.
That being said, why 4000's matched to slotted and dimpled rotors. If you are going to use that sort of rotor, I am going to assume it is for the stopping power, that being the case, why 4000's over some of their more aggressive/positive pads?
I never said I was always right and I will own it when I am wrong.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to ebc's website the yellowstuff 4000 is more agressive than the greenstuff 6000 or 7000

bobby

Reaction score
I have been running the GreenStuff pads for about 2 months now w/ drilled rotors. More stopping power for not much money. $600 to the door.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90