Discovery 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dplatt55

Reaction score
Good morning!

David here, I live in Adelaide , originally from the U.K , been in Australia for 25 years.

I bought an older Discovery in the past month, 95 V8 have done 1600 ks and will use the word 'Was ' running awesome. It started running rough surging on lpg and not so good on petrol, then........it stopped at a roundabout of all places!

I have had mechanics look at it and both say 'no spark at the coil. Has an after market anti theft device.

I hate to say it, but i have fallen in love with this Landrover.

Did I stuff up buying it?

Would be grateful for any help.

David

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.... aftermarket alarm could be the issue or a crank position sensor will also cause no spark.

dplatt55

Reaction score
Thank you Joey,

I have an auto electrician coming round shortly/ I understood the V8 doesn't have a crank sensor, but will check it out as well.

Many thanks.

David

dplatt55

Reaction score
Just what i didn't need, raining when i decide to work on the beast.fitted a new module, coil, took dash out soldered dry joints on spider thingy, checked all leads to coil, tightened as necessary . Not feeling too positive, connected battery, key in ignition and, and, and,....it started!!!! just in case i was dreaming, tried it again, and yep she's running! oh joy!!!

Thank you Joey for replying,

David

dplatt55

Reaction score
Non starting issues Discovery 1 v8

So here we are again!

Some 10000 k's later I still have the not starting issue.
My 95 Discovery 1, V8....replaced distributor, coil, spark amp, and removed the wonderful SPIDER. It does the turn over, not firing thing. If I remove the + lead from the coil for a few seconds then try to start it, it starts 99% of the time..until today.I eventually got it started , I removed the plugs to the resistors and the coil, put them back on, and off it went.
What I would love to know is what i'm doing to make it start....any ideas?

David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635