Disco2 dash repair kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nairobibrian

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to this forum and I need some assistance.

I have a 2004 right hand drive Disco 2. The dash has started to peel and I need to locate a supplier in the US or UK who can provide a dash repair kit. I have been searching online with little success.

Is the Disco 1 dash repair kit interchangeable with the D2? Any assistance would be helpful.

Cheers,

Brian

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2004 discovery dash is starting to lift up right where the dash and the windscreen meet. The Dash kits are not interchangeable.

Last edited:

Nairobibrian

Reaction score
Man, that is discouraging news.

Have you tried the D1 fix in a D2 yourself? I can't find any D2 specific repair pieces. I was hoping I could do some DIY modifications to the D1 dash repair kit to make it work.

People say this is not a problem in the D2, but I think the dashes are just now reaching the age of failure, 10 years or so.

My only alternatives seem to be to either remove the windscreen and do a big glue up job or buy some black washers and screws and drive a screw into the dash edge every 4-6 inches. At least with the screw and washer repair, I can easily pull it all out if I find something better.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Brian

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the exact same thing, just screw it down with washers and screws. I suspect we should ask Joey and Mike what's the longest screw we can drive into the dash and not damage things under the dash.

Another possibility is to put some glue under that front edge then lay a carved piece of plywood over it and force it down with some heavy weights.

And lastly, I could just ignore it until I break the windscreen which will give me access.

Nairobibrian

Reaction score
I gave the "glue the edge down" a trial shot the other day. With the windscreen in place, all that would result is a God awful mess. There is no room to work.

The only way I can figure to get the glue under the dash peel "in situ" would be to inject it under the curled dash area with a syringe through a series of small pre drilled holes. The pre drilled holes could then be used to take a screw and washer to hold it down until the glue set up. After everything is dry, back the screw out and fill the small hole with a dab of black caulk.

Serious pain in the butt.

Brian

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't try your solution, but I could see it coming! What worries me is Land Rover didn't see it coming!

Now my headliner is falling down due to sunroof drain blockage! Rovers are a nightmare of details!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or go order a good guaranted used dash from some one like Paul grant or Wil Tilerry, they should have one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo