controls on steering wheel acting weird

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The controls on my steering wheel that adjust volume and change stations on the radio rearranged themselves, ie:
When I push the button to change channels the volume changes etc.
Is there a way this can be corrected.
Please advise
2005 LR3

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...that's happened to me a few times. Sorta just fixed itself...

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2. Does that on occasion to me too, I just press them till they work. Don't even have to shut down to fix it.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
HA, that recently happened to mine too. Press the volume and station changes.. I mentioned it to my mechanic and he said leave it unless i want to pull the entire radio unit out and mess with the wires in the steering wheel. $$$$. For me, its fine as is.

Trynian

Reaction score
HA, that recently happened to mine too. Press the volume and station changes.. I mentioned it to my mechanic and he said leave it unless i want to pull the entire radio unit out and mess with the wires in the steering wheel. $$$$. For me, its fine as is.

the wires in the steering wheel are eay to replace. it is a single clock spring unit about $350 last I checked and took me about 30 minutes to replace.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....is that the same clockspring that was replaced under recall a few years ago?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo