Compressor question - very noisy after dealer repair visit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my 06 LR3 at a dealer this week to replace the rear sway bushings and a broken brake sensor. They told me the compressor was loose so I had them tighten it up.

Before the service, I could tell when the compressor was lifting or topping off the suspension, but it was nothing much more than slight background noise inside the cabin. When I picked it up, the rep told me that it was noisy now that it was tightened up (they replaced 2 adjusting nuts RYH500170). Now when the vehicle is topping off or raising, it is noticably LOUD in and out of the cabin, to the point where passengers are asking what it is.

So anyway I called the dealer to bring it to their attention, and I get the feeling they're trying to push me towards getting used to the idea that the compressor is on the way out. My question is - how could it be that it was hardly noticable before drop-off, and now it's pretty loud? The only thing that's happened is the replacement of the two nuts. Do I make a big deal out of this, or is it possible that replacing these two simple nuts (at an hour's worth of labor, I might add) could cause such noise? Something is telling me they screwed something up and I don't want to get stuck paying for the fix.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them check the mount and the location....mine did the same after it was replaced. It was making contact with the frame.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635