Chains or Cables on Cooper Zeons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the latest on this, is there still no product that will fit either front or rear for the LR3 running the Cooper Zeon LTZ in 285/60/18? Would having the rod mod installed make any difference?

Trynian

Reaction score
Last edited:

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw those but the consensus seemed to be they wouldn't work on the 285 width tire.

Trynian

Reaction score
I saw those but the consensus seemed to be they wouldn't work on the 285 width tire.

Who's consensus and which ones are you talking about?

Are talking about front or back wheels?

Last edited:

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would prefer the SCC's as they are cheaper. I'd like to put them on the front per the manual if possible.

Trynian

Reaction score
Got ya. I don't think you will find any but the spike-spider to work on the front. I tried the SCC on the front and it was to close. Even with stock tires it is really tight between the tire and the control arm.

The SCC do work on the back wheel. I use the Z6 model on mine and there is plenty of room for width.

I get a little rub in the well if I am at regular height and hit a fast bump. Off road height seems to be pretty good.

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that is with the Zeon's right? How does the car drive with chains on the back as opposed to not at all?

Trynian

Reaction score
Drives fine but I only have used them once in a blizzard and would have been fine without.

I used them on BF Goodrich AT 265/65/18 which are taller then the zeon and a little narrower. But there plenty of room for width on the back that you will have no problem with the Zeon being a little wider.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo