Blower (Heater/AC) - 2000 RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pohrem

Reaction score
I've got a 2000 RR HSE 4.6 and the blower is not working for either heat or AC. I can adjust the control knob and see the speed reflected in the LCD window, but nothing happens. But, I know the actual blower works, and here is some background:

A couple of years ago, the blower just started blowing air (for no apparent reason) at the highest speed and couldn't be adjusted. My daughter had the car at college, and to her credit, she went under the hood, started looking at the fuses, and pulled #43 and everything was fine (returned to normal control). So, it was just running on fuse #34. It's been running this way since then, with no issue... until now.

So, to verify the actual blower, I put fuse #43 back in, and the blower went full force, so I know it's operative. I've poked around and checked related fuses, pulled them (like the climate system) to reset things, but nothing works. Also, when I first start the car, I hear a clicking under the driver's side dashboard, which goes away after about 15 seconds.

Any help or clues will be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink