black strips on roof loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an LR3 2005... On top of the car there are two black strips that run from the windshield to the back I assume under the roof rack.
One of mine has come loose at the front and wind is getting under there creating a terrible noise in the roof.
The part is $56.00. Is there a way that this front piece could be glued down, has anyone ever attempted this prior or has any ideas on a way to fix short of ordering the strips

Thanks

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has plastic clips that hold it down. And it actually stops at the roof rails. You probably just need to reattached (Push/Tap) back into place. I have had mine off and back on to mark where the roofrack holes are and they are just fine...

pixelpro

Reaction score
Its a $2 fix

My strip was flapping around in the wind from time to time and slapping onto the roof. It took me forever to figure out where the noise was coming from. There are three white plastic clips on each strip. You can get them from the dealer for .50 each. Replace the broken clips by sliding them onto the strip and snapping the strips down onto the rail attached to the roof.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rimmer brothers also carries the clips as well. I got ten of them, 7 left will trade 3 for a Left roof rail cap. Broke mine placing wires and the end cap is not offered alone only with the whole rail ($179)I would pay postage on both items or if you have one and will part with it what would you ask?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo