BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 275/55/20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bullmrkt

Reaction score
This tire seems to be popular with the Range Rover guys, but I've searched this forum and don't see it mentioned at all. I'm considering the possibility of using it on OEM 20's and as far as I can tell it should fit. The OD is 31.8" and I understand the LR4's limit is 32".

I'm an advocate of using winter tires, but users (and BFG) report that these do very well in the snow, so if I could get away with using these year-round then it saves the expense and hassle of a second set of wheels. I'm in SW Ohio for what it's worth. Does anyone have experience with these tires for daily driving?

Another scenario to consider is putting summer tires on the 20's and getting set of those compomotive 18's to mount these BFG's on for winter and off-road adventures. This wouldn't really be necessary though if the scenario above works out.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no direct experience with BFGs, but as far as size, 32" is really the upper-upper limit... It's true, you won't have to cut or bend anything permanently (although you may want to reroute the A/C lines above the LH rear wheel well if you have a 7-seater). But, you should expect some fairly noticeable rubbing with a tire that large, at or near full steering lock - whether moving forward or reversing - as well as at or near full shocks compression. Also, you'll have to store the spare elsewhere if you are getting a fifth set to match - which is what I would highly recommend, the BFGs are excellent tires but they aren't invincible. Finally, if your suspensions crap out completely and you find yourself sitting on the bump stops, your wheels will likely wedge into and contact the well liners, and you won't be able to move and/or steer (some companies are now selling EAS "spacers" to avoid that possibility.) I have 31.5" dia. tires in an 18" configuration, and feel that diameter is really the largest you can safely ride on before you need to start making some sort of relatively minor compromises.

Not trying to discourage you, but I just want you to be aware of the few possible hiccups you may encounter with 20" tires that large, particularly fairly aggressive designs such as the KO2s.

Last edited:

SHS14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the KO2's run big like the last version? I had the old version on my old 4Runner and they were huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any BF AT tires will fit on a 19" LR4 stock tire by anychance? (sorry to hijack thread)

bullmrkt

Reaction score
Are there any BF AT tires will fit on a 19" LR4 stock tire by anychance? (sorry to hijack thread)

No there aren't. Only 18's and 20's for BFG. There are some 19" AT options though--Cooper Zeon LTZ's and I believe Wrangler Duratracs. Search and you'll find the thread on 19" tire options.

bullmrkt

Reaction score
I have no direct experience with BFGs, but as far as size, 32" is really the upper-upper limit... It's true, you won't have to cut or bend anything permanently (although you may want to reroute the A/C lines above the LH rear wheel well if you have a 7-seater). But, you should expect some fairly noticeable rubbing with a tire that large, at or near full steering lock - whether moving forward or reversing - as well as at or near full shocks compression. Also, you'll have to store the spare elsewhere if you are getting a fifth set to match - which is what I would highly recommend, the BFGs are excellent tires but they aren't invincible. Finally, if your suspensions crap out completely and you find yourself sitting on the bump stops, your wheels will likely wedge into and contact the well liners, and you won't be able to move and/or steer (some companies are now selling EAS "spacers" to avoid that possibility.) I have 31.5" dia. tires in an 18" configuration, and feel that diameter is really the largest you can safely ride on before you need to start making some sort of relatively minor compromises.

Not trying to discourage you, but I just want you to be aware of the few possible hiccups you may encounter with 20" tires that large, particularly fairly aggressive designs such as the KO2s.

Thanks. I've done some additional research and it sounds like they would basically fit, but have some rubbing at full lock.

Thewrightstuff24

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this as well. Just purchased a 2010 LR4 HSE w stock 19's and being in Colorado I want to be able to drive into the snow storms, but also have to park in parking garages everyday (lots of tight turning lock to lock).

And if I can have my cake and eat it too I'd have a setup I can take on two-tracks to do some elk hunting. So was hoping to avoid the snow tire and have one that tackles it all.

I was looking at the BFG T/A KO2s and Wrangler Duratracs both come in a 275/55/20. Their sizes appear to be almost identical. The land rover dealer here is in love with the duratracs. Did you consider them at all?

BFG T/A KO2 - 31.8 dia, 11.2 width, 15 tread depth, 115 S rating
Wrangler Duratrac - 31.9 dia, 11.2 width, 16 tread depth, 113 SL rating

Bullmrkt - if you go with this I would love to find out how it goes and what changes you have to make regarding clearing wheel wells or suspension raising methods.

I'm pretty knew to all this so trying to get up to speed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635