At 90k, what to expect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that have or are looking to buy a high mileage LR3, here's some things that LR noticed/I complained about on my '05 LR3 in for the 90k service. (I have the full coverage easy care warranty too).

1. drivers' door mid speaker is blown, being replaced for the 3rd time.
2. water pump and thermostat being repaced (2nd time in a year)
3. fan belt is worn out, not covered (expected wear and tear)
4. entire steering rack is being replaced. The steering had some play in it at highway speeds and was very loose (I could feel all the bumps on the road) at lower speeds. This is the second time it's being replaced; first one was at 25k miles. Apparently, it's on natl. back order too so I'll be enjoying their new LR4 loaner for a while :wink:
5. Brake pads worn out again, need to be replaced. Doing it myself when I get it back, but it'll be the 4th time I've changed them since I've had the truck. EBC greenstuff pads and EBC sport rotors lasted maybe 20-30k miles.
6. Dealer doing a free alignment up front but I have to pay for a rear alignment.

All in all, I'll be paying $2-300 for 90k service + $100 for fan belt + $80 for rear alignment +$100 deductible for warranty = too much. Oh well, the old gal hasn't left me stranded yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge