Are the OE Rubber mats enough?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xray132

Reaction score
Pics in gallery
Both hold a lot of water, the Weather Tech are cupped so they hold more. Good and bad? Look for yourself. Look at the front. The Weather Tech are much wider and extend out to the door sill. A lot hits the carpet before it gets to the OE. Bad thing in front is the passenger side on the Weather Tech is short. The OE goes all the way up under the dash. Your tall passenger will get his big feet all over the carpet under the dash with just the Weather Tech. Driver’s side on both are equal in length. Look at the back. Weather Tech are wide at the sill but the OE wraps all the way to the back of the seat. I’m **** I run both. OE can’t touch the driver side protection the Weather Tech gives you and you cause all the mud. My thought, run both in front, nothing better for protecting the carpet. Pass on the back the OE give you better coverage. If you’re **** like me run both and the cargo matt.

xray132

Reaction score
just some extra info pics in gallery

Both hold a lot of water, the Weather Tech are cupped so they hold more. Good and bad….Look for yourself pics in gallery. Look at the front……The Weather Tech are much wider and extend out to the door sill. A lot hits the carpet before it gets to the OE. Bad thing in front is the passenger side on the Weather Tech is short. The OE goes all the way up under the dash. Your tall passenger will get his big feet all over the carpet under the dash with just the Weather Tech. Driver’s side is equal in length. Look at the back……Weather Tech are wide at the sill but the OE wraps all the way to the back of the seat. I’m **** I run both. OE can’t touch the driver side protection the Weather Tech gives you and you cause all the mud. My thought.. run both in front, nothing better for protecting the carpet. Pass on the back the OE give you better coverage. If you’re **** like me run both and the cargo matt..

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one holds more water????

I am happy with the OEM.I had them on my 2008 and again on my 2010. I armor all the crap out of them and everything comes off with just some fresh water (salt, mud and who knows what else). I actually have them on all three rows and have no complaints.

xray132

Reaction score
Someone has to have some passion

At least my profile seems to be all up and running again and not locked up.
And you got a laugh.
Thanks administrators.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having had both, I much prefer the LR OEM mats. They are great quality. The best I have seen for OEM. The WT are great but feel much less "nice." Don't get me wrong, I am a big WT fan; however, compared with the LR rubber mats, the WT don't compare. Better and thicker quality of rubber on the LR mats.

That being said, technically you do get more protection from the WT mats as they cover more carpet and have a deeper lip. However, I can't imagine the amount of liquid/snow/slush you would have to bring in to make it matter.

I use the LR OEM for winter tent camping in the snow for 10 days at a time. Zero issue with the mats. . . Did I mention I also do this with an under nine year old. . . Again, zero problem with the OEM mats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635