Are the OE Rubber mats enough?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the OE rubber mats good for snow and slush? Or should I order the Weather Techs?

Thanks for any insight!

I already have the OE ones...

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones from LR are great. Got us through 6 winters here in the Northeast, and will soon put them back in for another.

Last edited:

xray132

Reaction score
Are the OE rubber mats good for snow and slush? Or should I order the Weather Techs?

Thanks for any insight!

Both hold a lot of water, the Weather Tech are cupped so they hold more. Good and bad….Look for yourself. Look at the front……The Weather Tech are much wider and extend out to the door sill. A lot hits the carpet before it gets to the OE. Bad thing in front is the passenger side on the Weather Tech is short. The OE goes all the way up under the dash. Your tall passenger will get his big feet all over the carpet under the dash with just the Weather Tech. Driver’s side is equal in length. Look at the back……Weather Tech are wide at the sill but the OE wraps all the way to the back of the seat. I’m **** I run both. OE can’t touch the driver side protection the Weather Tech gives you and you cause all the mud. My thought.. run both in front, nothing better for protecting the carpet. Pass on the back the OE give you better coverage. If you’re **** like me run both and the cargo matt.

Last edited:

xray132

Reaction score
my thought

Thanks for any insight!

Both hold a lot of water, the Weather Tech are cupped so they hold more. Good and bad….Look for yourself. Look at the front……The Weather Tech are much wider and extend out to the door sill. A lot hits the carpet before it gets to the OE. Bad thing in front is the passenger side on the Weather Tech is short. The OE goes all the way up under the dash. Your tall passenger will get his big feet all over the carpet under the dash with just the Weather Tech. Driver’s side is equal in length. Look at the back……Weather Tech are wide at the sill but the OE wraps all the way to the back of the seat. I’m **** I run both. OE can’t touch the driver side protection the Weather Tech gives you and you cause all the mud. My thought.. run both in front, nothing better for protecting the carpet. Pass on the back the OE give you better coverage. If you’re **** like me run both and the cargo matt.

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OE mats have worked great. Kids, dogs, cleats, spills, no problem.

xray132

Reaction score

Thanks for any insight!

Last edited:

xray132

Reaction score
my thought

Last edited:

xray132

Reaction score
my thoughts

Both hold a lot of water, the Weather Tech are cupped so they hold more. Good and bad---Look for yourself. Look at the front---The Weather Tech are much wider and extend out to the door sill. A lot hits the carpet before it gets to the OE. Bad thing in front is the passenger side on the Weather Tech is short. The OE goes all the way up under the dash. Your tall passenger will get his big feet all over the carpet under the dash with just the Weather Tech. Driver’s side is equal in length. Look at the back---Weather Tech are wide at the sill but the OE wraps all the way to the back of the seat. I’m **** I run both. OE can’t touch the driver side protection the Weather Tech gives you and you cause all the mud. My thought.. run both in front, nothing better for protecting the carpet. Pass on the back the OE give you better coverage. If you’re **** like me run both and the cargo matt.

Last edited:

xray132

Reaction score
I have both

Both hold a lot of water, the Weather Tech are cupped so they hold more. Good and bad….Look for yourself. Look at the front……The Weather Tech are much wider and extend out to the door sill. A lot hits the carpet before it gets to the OE thats why I have both. Bad thing in front is the passenger side on the Weather Tech is short. The OE goes all the way up under the dash. Your tall passenger will get his big feet all over the carpet under the dash with just the Weather Tech. Driver’s side is equal in length. Look at the back……Weather Tech are wide at the sill but the OE wraps all the way to the back of the seat. I’m **** I run both. OE can’t touch the driver side protection the Weather Tech gives you and you cause all the mud. My thought.. run both in front, nothing better for protecting the carpet. Pass on the back the OE give you better coverage. If you’re **** like me run both and the cargo matt.

Last edited:

xray132

Reaction score
My thought, run both up front

(Comparison pics in gallery) This thread did not like them
Both hold a lot of water, the Weather Tech are cupped so they hold more. Good and bad….Look for yourself. Look at the front……The Weather Tech are much wider and extend out to the door sill. A lot hits the carpet before it gets to the OE. Bad thing in front is the passenger side on the Weather Tech is short. The OE goes all the way up under the dash. Your tall passenger will get his big feet all over the carpet under the dash with just the Weather Tech. Driver’s side on both are equal in length. Look at the back……Weather Tech are wide at the sill but the OE wraps all the way to the back of the seat. I’m **** I run both. OE can’t touch the driver side protection the Weather Tech gives you and you cause all the mud. My thought.. run both in front, nothing better for protecting the carpet. Pass on the back the OE give you better coverage. If you’re **** like me run both and the cargo matt. I also live in the Pacific Northwest and you can get it all, snow, mud & sand

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635