Approach/Departure for 08,09,10 LR3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you know the above angles for the 3 model years listed? If I 'member correctly, 09 gets a new rear bumper and am not sure about the '10 model. And then the bonus question would be: what would be the angles with the emergency height and 2" sensor mod???

Thanks

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, there is no 2010 LR3. Just the LR4 for 2010. I've not heard that the color coded bumper on a 2009 is actually a different bumper, I thought it was just painted. I could be wrong.

What is emergency height?

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehh LR4 is marketing bs. I believe there was a slight motor redesign for 09 and definitely for 2010.

You can "trick" the ride height into thinking you need an extra inch. There have been several posts about how to do this.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Sean is busting your balls because it's called "Extended Height" not Emergency height.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you know the above angles for the 3 model years listed? If I 'member correctly, 09 gets a new rear bumper and am not sure about the '10 model. And then the bonus question would be: what would be the angles with the emergency height and 2" sensor mod???

Thanks
Land Rover LR3 (ground clearance: 9.5 inches; approach angle: 37.2 degrees; departure angle: 29.6 degrees; breakover angle: 27.9 degrees) - (Google) I'm to lazy to pull out my catalog this morning.
2005-09 all have the exact same off-road characteristics. The 2009 has paint on formally blach surfaces on the bumpers and arches. Different part #, but no different phsyical body differences. No differences to drivetrain. LR4 of course has the 5.0 over the 4.4 and 375hp vs 300hp.
When the trainers were in last week we asked about differences off-road metrics between LR3 & LR4. They claimed to them to be very similiar. I don't have any printed matter to confirm or deny that.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehhh, "extended, emergency," gymnast journalist. :biggrin:

So, even though the 09 had a rear bumper slight redesign there is no departure angle difference?

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ehhh, "extended, emergency," gymnast journalist. :biggrin:

So, even though the 09 had a rear bumper slight redesign there is no departure angle difference?
Cosmetic. It's formed different to eliminate texture to allow paint, but the dimensions are the same.
FWIW if somewone was looking for an off-roader 05-08 w/texture is the best best due to the black arches and bumper corners. You can scrape the heck out of those with minimal evidence, and if you want to replace an arch, you just put it on, no paint issues.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the black textured better anyway! The LR3 starts to look a little too slick.

Cosmetic. It's formed different to eliminate texture to allow paint, but the dimensions are the same.
FWIW if somewone was looking for an off-roader 05-08 w/texture is the best best due to the black arches and bumper corners. You can scrape the heck out of those with minimal evidence, and if you want to replace an arch, you just put it on, no paint issues.

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The texture just looks better IMO. The painted pieces look a little too slick, yet refined.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The angles with 275/65R18s and the 2" rod mod are 49 degrees approach and 41 degrees departure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635