Anybody have a cure for the creaky inside door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tripp25

Reaction score
This is a great thread, Total time <10 min, Level: EASY, Success 100%.

I have a 2008 LR3, 90k miles and love it. My ONLY issue is the constant creaks, rattles, strange noises, etc... from all over the car. I have spent hours trying to locate many of these. So far, I would say I have taken care of maybe 75% of the annoyances. That said… this fix for the door handles was SPOT ON! The handles snap right off, I used a Q-tip to spread silicone spray around the inside of the handles on both pieces, and then clipped them right back on. The handles feel solid and the noise is completely gone. Thank you to everyone in the LR community for posting these threads. It has made owning a LR much more manageable!

Other noises I have issues with... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Still Need help:
1. 3rd row seats rattle - Sprayed silicone on every possible location, still bangs when I go over uneven pavement.
2. Banging, rattling, creaking all seem to come from the rear cargo area. I believe the 2 plastic panels cause a lot of noise. Has anyone removed these and put any type of sound dampener on the inside? I removed the jack and everything from the storage areas which didn’t help.
3. Strange noise from drivers side seatbelt. I pulled this apart twice, sprayed silicone, cannot locate the noise. It sounds like a rubbing noise and is constant while driving.

Fixed:
1. AC (farting) noise when compressor turned on/off = http://www.*******************/forums/f41/fart-sounds-41776/ Total time <10 min, Level: EASY, Success 100%.
2. Alarm going off randomly. http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20552 Total time <5 min, Level: EASY, Success 100%.
3. Rear door (tailgate) rattle. LR shop reset the door.
4. Rebuilt rear diff (LR shop)
5. Replaced coolant manifold (LR shop)
6. Replaced front brakes (LR shop)

Other mods:
1. Plastidip wheels black
2. Plastidip Air inlet grill black
3. Black spray painted crossbars
4. BFG AT KO2 tires
5. tinted windows

Roswell, GA

tripp25

Reaction score
I googled: Land Rover AC farting noise
The link is land rovers only dot com

Ian_Barry

Reaction score
Cheers Tripp25,

I would not have thought to google "farting", despite that being a very apt description.

Best,

Ian

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90