Another Reduced Engine Performance Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'06 LR3, 88k miles, new battery 18 months ago

Gents - I've been getting this error lately, and it's coming up more frequently in the last couple of weeks. It happened a few times this winter when it was sub 30 degrees outside. The times it happened, I noticed it was almost exactly 15 minutes after I started driving in the morning (I park in an unheated garage overnight)

Once the temps started getting above this, it went away but is now coming up randomly. Often the error just clears off of the dashboard after a few minutes, but a few times the transmission light has also come on and it doesn't clear itself. These times, I've noticed the transmission is a little jumpy. My solution so far has only been to pull all fuses in the box tied to the transmission, which clears all errors (visually to me, I assume not in the error code system).

Any ideas?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah just keep pulling the fuses and ignoring the problem...I'm sure it'll go away all by itself.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that's really helpful. This way I'll go blindly into the dealership and won't be able to call ******** when they tell me it'll be $1200, thank you very much.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)

C'mon man...I had to poke a little fun at ya.

I feel that the first step is always the same, you need to get the codes read so that you can get an idea of what the issue is. The few times I got a REP message it was related to the Mass Air Flow sensor.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm - I hear you. Now that it's happened a few times, maybe it's more than gremlins. I'll look into the MAF, which I saw in other threads, but didn't offer many other possibilities for troubleshooting.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had the reduced engine performance, it was my MAF sensor. It was replaced under my warranty, not sure if cleaning it would help if thats what it is.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone curious about the maf part number, it is PHF000140G

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you going to try just cleaning it before replacing it? While you're at it, your throttle plate needs cleaning too - if you haven't already. Both easy jobs...

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 06 at 80K miles. Especially when offoarding (5 mph for hours). I cleaned the throttle body and resolved the issue.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roverman / Morris - is there a service bulletin or a thread link you could provide on the steps on cleaning the MAF/throttle body?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635