Another P38 Overheating Thread LOL!!! (Little Advice)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IMUSTBEDUMB

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently made my first Range Rover purchase. I generally believe every English car ever made is pure garbage, but the comfort and Off Road capability of the Range Rover has caused me to "Take a chance for the right price." The P38 body is a great looking truck and I think it will become a classic in time.

I purchased a 92k mile 1998 P38 Range Rover 4.6 HSE Black/Tan two owner car. For a STEAL if that is really possible with english cars ;). At that price I figure Ill pay to play a little. Car has all the brush gaurds all around and a couple smaller issues but runs like a top!

I would appreciate any and all advice I can get on this car.

1. The car over heats, but only when I turn on the AC, when I turn off the AC the needle doesnt move from the middle of the temperature guage. I drove it 30 miles in bumper to bumper traffic with no AC on and it was fine. When the AC is on the needle will play, when I drive it will drop and occasionally at idle it will also drop but it does like to drown itself in the RED but I get not dash warnings when it does this, outside of the redlight. I know its english and the electrical is less than to be desired but any insight. I have heard it could be a faulty ground that is not allowing the fans to kick on.

2. The radio turns on but does 0, nothing but display the digital time on its face, I do get a odd poping sound in the speakers at start up. The truck does have the clarion changer, I am thinking of just getting a aftermarket head unit will that fix the problem?

3. I have a right turn signal issue, The right signal works when I turn on the Hazards but not when i use the indicator. I have read I need to replace the switch but I want to be sure there isnt a relaythat needs to be replaced.

4. I have a error reading Replace Fuse #10 do you know what that fuse is for? The truck has been converted from Air Suspension to the standard suspension.

5. The car was not given to me with previous service history, which I am ok with for the price I paid. That being said how soon should i change the Transmission Fluid/Filter, Transfer Case Fluid, and Diff Fluids?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo