Another EAS air leak question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rprest

Reaction score
Newbie here. I have a 2007 LR3. I believe air is leaking from the reservoir due to a bad reservoir valve block.

I've read what I can find on finding the source of leaks in the air suspensions system, but have not found the specific answer to this question: are there any valves in the air compressor and/or reservoir tank or is all the air in the EAS system controlled by the valve blocks and the air springs?

Background on why I think it is the reservoir valve block: firstly the air springs don't lose much height overnight, so I assume the leak is not in the air springs or the front and back valve blocks. The compressors runs for 2-3 minutes in the morning presumably filling up the reservoir (much more than what happens normally when you just start it up after the vehicle has been turned off for a few minutes and it does its self-leveling, etc.) Also, a spray of soapy water found some bubbles forming around the exhaust port of the compressor (when it's not running).

So I assume the reservoir valve block needs replacing, but can anyone confirm this or can anyone confirm whether there are any valves in the compressor itself that would actually be the culprit instead of the valve block?

Thanks

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an update kit with new springs, bits and pieces, I guess I would start there. I don't know which compressor you have, but this will give you an idea. P/N and prices have likely changed did this research a while back.

LR020590 KIT - COMPRESSOR o-ring, rubber flap, spring 1 $7.11 *
JPO500010 KIT - COMPRESSOR all the above, plus bolts, large spring, more seals, etc. 1 $25.06*

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just the 2nd one, it includes the bits in the first one. The 2nd one is the most complete.

Check your desiccant canister as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo