Airbags wrongly deployed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RRS2010

Reaction score
I have a 2010 supercharged RR sport 9 months old, i was duning a few days ago and as i was cresting a dune all the side airbags went off,, didnt hit or even touch anything... Any idea what the procedures are in terms of warranty or liability in this case??

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch! This has popped up a few times and each time it has become a loooooooonnnnng drawn out process. The issue is...who pays for the new system? 15k or so. It would seem that the act of cresting the dune at an off angle (which is proper technique) is read by the computer as the precursor to a roll over - deployment. No impact is required at times. Static build up from the sand has also been to blame for the deployment. Keep us posted. We've seen a few cases in the Middle East start out, but rarely hear about the final outcome other than the owner being ****** about footing an expensive bill and a lengthy and unproductive litigation. Good luck.

RRS2010

Reaction score
So, its been over 2 weeks and I still havent gotten any answers from RR... Btw the car is in the middle east. Here are some pics of what happened

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 23
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 21
  • rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Staff online