Aftermarket Sound System???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

I see that you used the Optima battery, which I love. However, I thought that the LR3 used some sort of weird calcium or sodium something or other battery. I thought I read somewhere that it was not the normal lead acid battery that LR uses in the LR3.

Have you heard of this, or have you had any alternator/battery problems?

jager24

Reaction score
The Optima is only for the 2nd battery separated by the isolator( Surepower 1314). It runs the fridge and stereo amps only. The stock Land Rover Battery is still there. No problems so far. The dealer here in Scottsdale checked it out and found nothing that would cause problems.

stan7b

Reaction score
I am curious as to the bezel around the head unit. What paint did they use to match the stock interior? It looks almost dead on.

-Stan

jager24

Reaction score
Hi Stan,

I don't know the name of the paint but I'll try to find out. Any custom installer should be able to computer color match the trim. The color actually looks better than the pictures show. The flash of the camera shows the difference in texture but you can't see it normally.

stan7b

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I will be doing the install my self due to a tight budget and being able to trust an installer in my area. I will get the right components and take my time doing the install.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635