Aftermarket hid/xenon headlights for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 35w and outside temp is nice at 65. it looks like a power issue where the ballast is not getting enough power but i don't know what's causing it?

yea that's strange. have you tried this:
lights in off position
car in off position
turn car on
turn headlights on
?

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tried all of above...sent a trouble ticket into ddm, hopefully i get an answer

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of installing an HID Kit on my 2010 LR4 HSE, but the dealer told me it would void the warantee. I installed the new Phillips Hallogen/Xenon bulbs and I couldn't tell the difference between those and the Xenon lights in my Lexus. I will also install them in the fog lights.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay...can you tell me, in very simple to understand terms, how you replaced your lights??? Im worried about causing damage.

Thanks

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very easy. First read the manual. There are 4 tabs on the top of the grill. Depress those down. This will loosen the top part of the grill. Pull the grill straight out after the top part us loose. You will need to apply a decent amount of force to pull it out. Don't worry! No damage will be caused. After the grill is out you will need to pull tabs that hold the headlights in. Use a wrench to do that. Once that tabs are up, remove the entire headlight assembly. Unplug the headlight. Remove the protective cap from the back. Unscrew the bulb and replace with the new one. Repeat for the other headlight, then reverse the steps to put everything back together.
This is the first time I have replaced a headlight on a car. I was very disappointed with the stock halogens. If I can do it, anyone can.

Jenson

Reaction score
Baobay, can you tell us what is the exact model of philips xenon bulbs you used? I want to do the conversion. thanks

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Philips Crystal Vision Ultra - H11 (low beam and fogs) Part 12362
Highly recommend this. Got the info From Count Lazlo. Thank the Count not me!!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
baobay...can you tell me, in very simple to understand terms, how you replaced your lights??? Im worried about causing damage.

Thanks

take a look at this video posted on Youtube. It shows how to replace bulbs on an LR3. Everything is exactly the same with the exception of the number of tabs. The LR4 only has 4 tabs on the top of the grill. Very easy!!! I hope this helps!
YouTube - LR3 Headlight Replacement.mp4

montyaloofah

Reaction score
Hi YCharlie

does the brightness of the Xenon overpower the signature Led pattern on the LR4 headlights?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo