Aftermarket Exhaust anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done one?

Attachments

• IMG_6534.png
    IMG_6534.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 26

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched high and low for a sound I liked but in the end I kept the factory exhaust. Its harder for the cops to spot me. A lot of the cars around here sound pure bad azs, but everyone can hear them coming and I have been pulled over in the past by that very same problem. Its entrapment is what it is :D

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard it, I'd like to though since they are replacing the factory rearmost muffler. Its that factory muffler in the rear that I think needs to be replaced and then have the front resonators removed with an X pipe. That way the exhaust won't be too loud, yet it won't have a raspy sound. I'd like sound closer to that of a Dodge Challenger RT sound, but that might be a little unrealistic.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard it, I'd like to though since they are replacing the factory rearmost muffler. Its that factory muffler in the rear that I think needs to be replaced and then have the front resonators removed with an X pipe. That way the exhaust won't be too loud, yet it won't have a raspy sound. I'd like sound closer to that of a Dodge Challenger RT sound, but that might be a little unrealistic.
Im tempted!

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The exhaust does sound better. Its noticeable, but for me its too quiet. I'm pretty sure whatever he is selling is at least $500 if not more and for that I'd want a lot more snarling sound and even better with crackle and pops on de-acceleration.

I might try keeping one muffler for each side in the back and removing the other resonators upstream, including maybe even the cats with a defeat plugged-in and then weld an X pipe to connect the two sides. There is one guy on YT that made the same modifications, but no muffler either. Not sure if he removed the cats. It sounded good, but I'm in an apartment and I don't think people would appreciate me coming and going in the early hours since parking is right up close to peoples windows. So I'll try to strike a balance and put a muffler on there and park farther away, but I just haven't heard a muffler that I like.

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to get onboard…. but I can’t. Its a disco4… not my xjr (requiring the low growl but not so overbearing that you can’t have a conversation or listen to any music choice you wish), its not my xkr (requiring the growl, and when you punch it, the volume but not piercing so or obnoxious to others (like a growing consensus in the Harley community))

I live in an area where some put non restrictive 3” pipes on their Ram trucks and F150s… it just sounds immature and stupid… perhaps making up for some deficiency somewhere else??

As for magnaflow... great marketing... just like K&N filters; but ...

(I like stirring it up ;-)

Cheers everybody!

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another, probably cheaper, option is to find the best muffler guy in your area and seek his advice, he can delete the center muffler and swap the back ones with ones that will give the sound you want for way less than the complete cat back system.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72