Advice on purchase of 2005 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually always liked the service techs (mechanics) it was the Service Managers that were hit or miss. My original LR dealership was bought by another dealer (Lincoln/Jaquar) and after that, it was a roller coaster of service managers every 12-18 months. Some were awesome, some were absolute idiots.

One particular woman, being the biggest ***** of the bunch, is what made me throw up my hands and leave. It was like playing a game of telephone between me and the mechanic. Each of our technical explanations getting funneled through a string and a tin can. Infuriating. And the best service manager I ever had there, they fired in a downsizing...

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're preaching to a choir of zero. This was a shot in the dark for McDull, he has made his 2 posts and has moved on to the Kia Soul forums. :biggrin:

Now let's get back to our debate on Independent shops vs. Dealer shops....
:boxing:

Nothing wrong with a Kia Soul. Actually a great choice for the price.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a Kia Soul. Actually a great choice for the price.
I don't doubt it.
It's just, with their marketing campaign, I could never take it seriously...

Kia-Soul-Axwell-Ad-Interior-Hamsters.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 and Kia Soul should not be in the same conversation.

I have been very lucky to work with the same service manager for the better part of 6 years now. He is awesome.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look,

I don't jump forums much, but I had to swing over from the LR4 camp and say this is a great thread. When I saw the hamsters I almost painted my monitor with Pepsi.

Keep it going,

Mike (still under warranty, but already sniffing out good shops)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM