Advice of finial service prior to warrant expiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am about to taker my 2005 LR3 in for the finial service prior to going out of warranty.
Is there anything I should look at or have checked prior to taking it in. Rather have them pay for than me…
Thanks

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the final warranty service checklist thread from my 2005 LR3: http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14781

03/07/2005 - Production date
04/30/2005 - Delivery 2005 HSE with every available factory option except cooler box.

Checklist from the final warranty visit:

* Harsh downshift during a rolling stop (commonly reported issue). It was previously reflashed with the updated ZF code during B036 recall campaign, but the problem never cleared. The dealership reloaded engine management and transmission modules. Problem solved!
* Front/rear window washers not working. Found blown fuse, and found a ground fault. Repaired and resolved.
* Replace airbag cover on steering wheel due to warped top (also a common issue).
* The battery was replaced. The dealership took the initiative, and replaced it under warranty, I did not report any issue. Kudos to them for proactive replacement!
* Right rear passenger door latch sticking when opening from inside. Cable assembly ordered and repaired.
* Trim fastener fell off between rear seats, and was replaced.
* Front electronic defrost not functional. Dealership was unable to duplicate (however temps were above freezing). I subsequently video recorded the condition. No defrost action after 15 minutes. Dealer still unable to verify.
(2010 update: front electronic defrost is working fine now, without any intervention.)

Service history highlights:

* Several alignment and tire wear issues starting at 5K miles. Original Goodyears replaced under warranty at 6K miles (thanks to LR and Goodyear for taking action. This was before the alignment TSB came out).
* Clock spring replaced twice. Once at around 5K miles, second at 45K miles due to recall
* Air suspension compressor replaced twice (once before the recall due to failure, once again after the recall)
* Replaced missing voice activation button on steering wheel (factory defect, it was never installed)
* Fuel filler bezel replaced (would not close)
* Replaced cargo cover (it broke)
* Infotainment software upgrade (twice, due to different issues)
* Engine management software upgrade (twice, due to different issues)
* A-pillar water leak (common issue, sunroof drain tubes serviced)
* Fuel tank replaced (NHTSA safety recall)
* B036 service campaign
* Replaced front "LAND ROVER" lettering on hood under warranty due to discoloration (common issue)
* Replaced steering wheel under warranty due to leather cracking at 37K (common issue)
* Replaced coolant level sensor due to false warnings (common issue)
* Brake pads, rotors, and sensors replaced at 39K (out-of-pocket)
* Decided not to address the hairline cracks in the sunroof rails. Owners who have had them replaced report that the problem comes back very soon.

After that visit, it developed the rear window support arm issue, and subsequently repaired that on my own. You definately want that item checked and addressed if you haven't already.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what ever is needed as far as maintance, find a good shop to do it, not the dealer.
As for warranty issues, start crawling all over it looking for leaks, squeaks and anything else that is wrong.

mturnerua

Reaction score
What do the clock springs that he had replaced do? I have been having issues with the "cruise not permitted" message and have been told it can be related to the clock springs but I'm not sure. Thanks

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do the clock springs that he had replaced do? I have been having issues with the "cruise not permitted" message and have been told it can be related to the clock springs but I'm not sure. Thanks
The clock spring is what allows the steering wheel to rotate while maintaining the electrical connections which pass through it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo