AC problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SadLR3

Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I've followed this forum for quite some time and just joined. I'm stuck and am hoping to get some help. My AC stopped working the other day: started squealing, then got a burning smell, then nothing. Neither the AC nor the heater work. In readIng some old posts it looks like it's my blower motor. Any suggestions. Also, does anybody have a copy of the repair manual so I can replace this thing. Thanks in advance for the help.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes could be the blower motor got something stuck in it and burnt out. Can you hear the fan going at all and also check your rear unit as well

SadLR3

Reaction score
No. I don't hear the fan at all. Do you know how to access the blower motor? I don't have rear controls so do I have a rear blower? Thanks for the reply.

waspjr123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you won't have a rear blower then try looking under the passenger dash usually its there. Normally its a round fan like a hamster wheel drivel by a electric motor that will have 2 decent sized wires going to it. Normally you can take 4or 5 screws out that mount the fan up into the heater system these commonly go so they make them accessible

SadLR3

Reaction score
Great. Thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Is the glove box easily removable?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4