A new twist on EAS problems....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdf6hr

Reaction score
Thanks Greg 9504... this tends to confirm the theory that I was seking opinions on.

Do tell though, how familiar did this scenario sound? I see from the thumbnail you are located quite a bit further north than I. Did your faults come and go depending on the temperature too?

armybuck041

Reaction score
That is hands down the worst LR dealer I've ever dealt with. They are fantastic with driving up the labour charges without really fixing anything.

Greg9504

Reaction score
sdf6hr - That happened before I took ownership of the LR3, back in the summer. So not sure if temperature played a part. I haven't looked hard enough yet to see where the repair was made in the wiring harness. But it did say corroded wiring, which could be because of our weather and salt on the roads here. Or it could just be crappy wiring... any way it's probably worth a look.

armybuck041 - are you in Ottawa? Just curious. The previous owner spent $15.5k on the LR3 in the last 9 months, then sold it to me last month for $9k. I usually do my own repairs so no plans to visit the dealer.

armybuck041

Reaction score
I'm it Ottawa as well. Bonnatti Grey 05 with an LR4 style grille. My last visit to that dealer ended my relationship with them. They are completely reckless with other people's money. $42 for a signal light bulb comes to mind. I also do my own work, but when I moved here from NB, I figured I'd have them do my MVI and an oil change. $750 later for an Oil Change, Ball Joint (not the whole CA), Light Bulb and the Inspection. Didn't even give it a courtesy wash even though they had it for three days.
I've been ordering parts from Atlantic British and having them shipped to the UPS Store in NY.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4