A/C Recharging?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some tips on recharging my A/C system in my 98 disco. Bought the truck in Oct/06 so never really checked to see if its works. Well its not. All the fuses are good. Need simple directions. Thanks

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey look at that link above and pretty much answer my questions. Thanks again

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it could help.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe another question, Do I need to pump out any of the old fluid(if any) out the system before I try putting new fluid in there. Mixed answer from the guys at work. Trying to save money but do not want to blow my system. If I cant figure out I'll just bring it to a shop for recharge. Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
No you do not have to pump anything out... If the system is completely drained it will require a jumper wire to even get the compressor to work.

I am guess here without breaking out the manual, but lets say it is required to be 30psi... and yours is at 25, just start the vehicle with the A/C on, attach the gauge get a reading in this case it will show 25, then with the refill tank attached pull the trigger until it reaches 30. Then if you have rear A/C, turn it on and get a reading... for the sake of this we will say it is to be 38 and you are now at 35, fill until it reaches 38 and you are done. Recheck in a week or two if it drains off you have a leak. If not you are good to go.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just filled it today(bone dry). Damn its cold. Like you said, I'll see how it is in a week to really see if it has a leak. Thanks Joey

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it does have a leak, they (most parts stores) carry stop leak for the A/C system... They work very well, just make sure it is low enough to add 1 large can or 2 small cans of R134a or they system may not work again.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I charged it with the large can of that synthetic R134a with stop leak. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo