A/C - Cold on the left, hot on the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gents - First I'll mention recently my car started 'farting' a lot more lately than it normally has from the area behind the glove boxes, as described in numerous threads . I can probably get in there to lubricate the offending bits.

So I'm not sure if the farting would have anything to do with the fact that I've noticed that the AC is blowing cold (sometimes, not always) on the driver's side, and warm on the passenger side. This tells me it probably (?) wouldn't be the compressor, or the system needing to be charged but some sort of temperature regulation. Previous summers it was ice cold. Any ideas to get me going in the right direction?

2beFree

Reaction score
Gents - First I'll mention recently my car started 'farting' a lot more lately than it normally has from the area behind the glove boxes, as described in numerous threads . I can probably get in there to lubricate the offending bits.

So I'm not sure if the farting would have anything to do with the fact that I've noticed that the AC is blowing cold (sometimes, not always) on the driver's side, and warm on the passenger side. This tells me it probably (?) wouldn't be the compressor, or the system needing to be charged but some sort of temperature regulation. Previous summers it was ice cold. Any ideas to get me going in the right direction?

Get the diagnostics on tje car. Most likely the stepper motor then on the driver'side if the aircon gas and plumbing is still fine

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump. Any other ideas before I head in for a dreaded LR service call?

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The farting is a air duct valve, and all you need to do is tell your shop/dealer it was farting, and that you want a new part, not the lubrication per the TSB. It will require tearing apart half the dash to change out, so it won't be cheap, but the part is inexpensive.

On the other, it would be worthwhile to have the vacuum lines checked, as well as the freon level.

Check, or have your cabin air filter checked, or changed, and inspect for water damage to the filter while they are at it.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: 4 o-rings replaced (juu500010, juu500030), freon recharged. $63 in parts, $345 in labor. Works like a charm.

2beFree

Reaction score
Hi there Bostonian

Where are the o-rings located? Glad you got sorted out.

Bostonian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey 2beFree - I'm not sure of the anatomy of the a/c system, but the invoice describes the issue as 'a/c leak at rear a/c lines'. Wherever they are, it took a tech 3 hours to replace $25 worth of o-rings! Who says money can't buy happiness?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635