96 Discovery Alarm Will Not Disengage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a 96 discovery and my alarm will not turn off or disengage the engine immobilizer. I have never had the keyless remote, i've always used the key. The red flashing light on the gauge cluster will flash when the door is closed and remain solid with the door open. The vehicle will not turn over at all. I tried disconnecting the negative battery terminal and it had no effect, so I am leaving it disconnected overnight.

Is there anyway to disable the immobilizer so that I can drive it? Any fast responses would be greatly appreciated since I need my car for work on monday. Thanks

dishsoap1

dishsoap1

Reaction score
So from what I have read online, it does not appear to be the alarm spider because the red light is solid, which means the immobilizer is active. So I guess it is the alarm ecu? Does anyone have an idea? Thanks

dishsoap1

dishsoap1

Reaction score
I tried using the generic 1515 EKA code but the vehicle is not responding. I'm starting to think maybe my door lock needs to be replaced. It would be nice to get some feedback from someone. I think maybe this forum isn't as good as it used to be.

dishsoap1

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I was out all day....

Have you tried to lock and unlock the drivers door 4 or 5 times to see if this works? This will normally fix issues like this.

dishsoap1

Reaction score
I was trying everything, but i'm not sure if I tried locking/unlocking five times. Do you think it's the microswitch in the door Joey? I just had the tow truck take it to the dealer a couple hours ago. I literally live 8/10's of a mile from the dealer and had to pay 60 bucks. haha It sucks. I don't think the cops would of been happy if I was pushing it down the street with my atv while my gf steers. Would of been funny though. I might take a ride down there and try it.

dishsoap1

dishsoap1

Reaction score
So the dealer was able to clear the alarm and were able to program my keyless entry. Something I haven't had since I bought it in 04' Final cost was a 60 dollar tow and 120 at the dealer. It could of been alot worse.

dishsoap1

RobertColunga

Banned
Reaction score
hi dishsoap1! Were you able to fix this problem? What did you do? I'm having the same situation too here.. I'm not sure on what to do, do i need some Land Rover parts replacement?

Landlover25

Reaction score
Its A Bad Battery!

Trust Me Its A Bad Battery That's Makes Land Rover's Alarms Go Off Like That Make Sure After You Replace That Battery You Get That Alternator Checked Out Especially If The Battery Light Had Been Lit Up Lately That's A Dead Giveaway Its The Alternator Is Bad And That Alternator Will Eventually **** The Battery And Make This Happen--hope This Helps Out All You Landy Lovers!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635