2014 LR4 - Confirmation of no changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real confusion came from the couple of reports about the s/c v6 changes and all the new RR/RRS engine changes. It would make sense for them to change the engine, but easier for them not to.

Either way, I doubt they will have anything that would make you regret a MY13

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real confusion came from the couple of reports about the s/c v6 changes and all the new RR/RRS engine changes. It would make sense for them to change the engine, but easier for them not to.

Either way, I doubt they will have anything that would make you regret a MY13
At this point I don't think they are going to do much with the 2014 model year, but you never know. As you know I pulled the trigger on a 2013 just in case they do an engine change, but even if they don't, I am still happy with going with a 2013. I honestly don't want any body changes or more bling/rounded design down the line.

I am very curious about the next generation LR5 down the road - what are they saying 2015?

-David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They say the 2015 redesign (LR5? Discovery 5?) will be based on the same D7 aluminum platform used for the new RR and RRS. They say it will be going even more upmarket than the current model. And my guess is that it will most likely get a Supercharged V6 at that time.

Source: http://blog.caranddriver.com/land-rover-to-use-all-aluminum-unibody-for-a-number-of-upcoming-models/
That's what I am thinking. I just don't think they will go with the supercharged V6 until they reduce the weight of the LR4 like with the RR and RRS. I just hope "upmarket" doesn't mean it looks like a squared off Evoque.

A little off topic, but I have been biking to work quite a bit and 3-4 times now I thought a higher end Ford Explorer was a 2013 RR. There is such a similarity!

-David

6SpeedBowtie

Reaction score
The designer of the new Explorer had previously worked for LR. This is also why the Explorer has the terrain selection.

When it was first released, I thought the same thing. It looks sharp. Unfortunately, it feels under powered IMHO.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, if there are no major changes, when in your opinion could we expect to begin seeing the 2014. I thought I had missed out on ordering the last of the LR4s this spring, but now I have a renewed hope for the 2014. I'm not at all interested in any kind of V6 in a truck used for towing so now I'm excited. I'll keep researching this.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess mid September LE will release info on the revised LR4 for 2014.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would guess mid September LE will release info on the revised LR4 for 2014.

How can that be? When does production for 2014 begin? Does it not start in August/September like all the other European car companies?

In other words, when do LR4's of a particular model year first arrive in the US?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4