2011 with iPhone6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there is having problems connecting their iPhone6 through the Land Rover cable.

My iPhone5 worked great and my wifes iPhone5 still works great.

My iPhone6 says Device Error. When I press play on a song it will play for 1 second through the speakers and then stops.

Super annoying. :mad:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try resetting your phone. Power and home button hold down for a few seconds.
It did this to me once your twice with my iPhone 6plus. I'm not too happy with the new iPhone i gotta say. Getting cheap and loves to freeze.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never had any success with that setup. The Lightning adapter was not reliable and I didn't like the way I had to tuck everything into the console each time I'd get into the vehicle. I was also concerned about the stress on the connection to the console's port because that cable is fairly stout and unyielding.

I finally connected an old iphone to the native 30-pin connector and left it in place as an iPod. For phone and streaming music functions I went with an inexpensive but very functional Bluetooth device solution. So now I just get in the LR, toss my phone into the cubby (2011) and roll.

Hopefully AxelR's reset suggestion works for you.

96_993TT

Reaction score
Here's what worked for me... I have a 2012. Use the old iPhone 30 pin connector cable and then buy the 30 pin to lightning cable (its around 9 inches long) and plug that into the iPhone 6. Works like a charm and will also charge the phone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635