2010 LR4 HSE Plus - Does it come with Auto High beam Assist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neelic

Reaction score
I bought a 2010 LR4 HSE Plus in Nov, 2010. The window sticker says that Auto High Beam Assist is available but the vehicle does not come with it. The dealership said that car doesn't have it. So nothing can be done. So I am wondering if the window sticker had the feature listed by mistake. Any information will be most welcome. Thanks,

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should have it as I believe it comes with the LUX package, which I have and I do have the auto high beam. I have it turned off. The plus package should get you the vision package with the full vehicle camera - do you have that?

neelic

Reaction score
Actually, I have the 2010 HSE Plus, not the Lux or Lux Plus. On top of that, I have the Heavy Duty Package and the Surround Camera Package as add-ons. My question was, does the 2010 HSE Plus come with the High Beam Assist?

Thanks...

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe it came on the HSE plus. It was available with the vision assist package; which it looks like you have. I got the 2010 HSELux package, not he lux plus. But I got the vision package and it came with the suround cameras and the hi-beam assist.

By the way, I love the auto Hi-beams! They work just about flawlessly for me.

Rob

zznalg

Reaction score
I don't believe it came on the HSE plus. It was available with the vision assist package; which it looks like you have. I got the 2010 HSELux package, not he lux plus. But I got the vision package and it came with the suround cameras and the hi-beam assist.

By the way, I love the auto Hi-beams! They work just about flawlessly for me.

Rob

Bump. I just purchased a 2011 Lux. From the above posts, I should have hi-beam assist. But, driving at night, the hi-beams do nothing on their own. Is there a way to turn on this feature?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My recollection is a bit fuzzy, but I believe NAS 2010 LUX (and higher) trims were originally fitted with adaptive xenons and Auto High Beams as standard equipment. They were not an option on lesser trims. On MY2011s (and later), AHB were "moved" to the Vision Assist pack along with adaptive HID (and surround cameras), and therefore became an optional feature on every trim, including LUX. So, if you have a 201O Lux you should have AHB, on later model year you'd only have them if you also opted for the Vision Assist package.

Last edited:

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per the 2010 brochure:

HSE Plus Package
In addition to the HSE Pack:
HD Digital Radio (USA only)
Automatic headlamps
with high beam assist
Interior Mood Lighting
Keyless Entry
Parking Aid - Rear Camera.

It seems that if you have an HSE Plus it should have it, but sometimes when a new vehicle comes out small details change between the concept, brochure printing, and actual production. The original 2007 FJ Cruisers had a color called Bordeaux that somehow changed to Black Cherry (same color) a month or two after hitting dealers. That caused a little confusion as well.

If you do have it, I am unaware how or if it can be turned on/off, but I am sure Umberto knows.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so confused... Motor Trend has a fairly accurate (or so I thought...) database of features and options for various model years, and there is no mention of Auto High Beams in the HSE Plus package of NAS 2010 LR4. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/land-rover/lr4/2010/specifications/ - scroll down to "Features and Options".

Anyway, if you have AHB, and it's disabled, access the vehicle setup menu in the instrument cluster (press the right arrow on the right side of the steering wheel with the vehicle on), select Vehicle Setup > Auto High Beams > Enable AHB, and select Drive of Left or Drive on Right - I selected "Drive on Left" as I was unsure if that meant LHD/RHD or "Drive on left / right side of the road" - seems to work fine that way, LOL. There should be a small "Auto" label lit up under the low beams icon in the instrument cluster when the feature is available and enabled.

Auto High Beams will only operate with the headlamps selector in Auto mode, and can be temporarily disabled with the steering wheel high beams stalk, the manual has specific instructions under the "Exterior Lights" chapter.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635