2003 New Range owner initilal ssues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimzigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got it home and need to address following:

1) none of the steering wheel controls seem to work for cruise or radio or even horn
2) pass side headlight is cracked, ebay looks to be a cheap source but how do i tell if it is xenon or HID?
3) silver finish on interior is rubbed off in spots. anyone have luck finding a aftermarket good paint match to touch it up?
4) Finsih on tops of black ext door handles are bubbling
5) GPS CD is from 2001. Anyone know if the BMW MK3 CD updated for 2008 (not DVD but CD) will work in this unit?

xtremerovers

Reaction score
Items
1) not sure about this one
2) Replace lens not the whole light.
3) thats a good question, one that has been asked many times with no answer yet.
4) common problem. Have them painted the same color as your Rover
5) Update your nav unit the MK 4 (we have one if your interested) its DVD NAV and its faster.

Last edited:

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can probably help you out if someone hasn't done so already. As for number 1). Have you checked the fuses or the relays for this? That would be my best bet. I know if you remove the three xex-screws that are located below the steering wheel, you'll be able to remove the bottom plastic part behind the steering wheel in order to ensure all the connectors are working properly or are not burned out...Thats something to think about.
As for #2), ebay is a good place to check, if not contact any possible european/land rover salvage yards near your area to see whether they have any in stock. A lot of those places buy LR's that have been involved in wrecks and part them out for dirt-cheap. So thats another thing to take into consideration. Hope this helps man. Good luck. Keep on rovin....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM