2003 Disco II AC Compressor knocking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bosanau

Reaction score
Folks. I'm pretty new to the forums here. Sold off my 93 Classic and am shaking down a 2003 Discovery II. I changed out the leaky power steering pump and then changed out the thermostat as the heat was sketchy and is was running too warm then recovering. When I pulled the PS Pump I realized the bolt on the front of the AC Compressor was missing. I replaced it but not too tight, subsequently it fell out and today I began to get a grinding sound where front was rubbing. I put in another bolt, tighter and now it is making some knocking sound. It's parked. Where do I go from here?

Bosanau

Bosanau

Reaction score
OK, Solved

I'd like to let all know what a brilliant backyard mechanic I am but the truth of the " AC knocking" is when I replaced the Power steering pump I neglected to tighten down the pulley bolts on the unit. I guess I'm lucky the pulley didn't let go or the belt. Whew, dodged a bullet.

Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First Welcome to the forum... sorry I didn't see your post yesterday... and may I recommend buying a good torque wrench.

Also if you ever change the water pump remember 16ft lbs is all it needs or you will cause it to leak again.

Torque Wrench....

Bosanau

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the advice. It's been a while since I have weilded wrenches. I appreciate the heads up on the torque wrench and put it on my list (along with electronic testing gear and a OBDC reader.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4