1993 RRC lwb completely dead. PLEASE HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweetlew

Reaction score
The truck's a 1993 county lwb. I've been having problems over the past few days with the starter continuing to turn after letting go of the ignition key when you first start the car. All i've had to do is turn the car off (the starter keeps running), then turn it back on. Until now this has started the car and also stops the starter from continually running. Today however, I went to start it and the dash lights (warnings) came on, brake pump started running, but no click from the starter. (This has happened before, and usually I'll just wait a minute, try again, and it's up and running) Did it a second time, same thing. Third time, the dash lights lit up for a split second, no click from the starter, then everything went dead. Now I turn the ignition key and absolutely nothing happens. I checked the battery, cleaned and refitted the leads, and checked all connections. The odd thing is the interior lights work, the horn, headlights, and peripheral electronics work. But there is no electric making it to the dash, and the radio won't turn on, and no sounds from the engine bay. I'm assuming the starter has gone bad. The problem now is I need to move the car until I can fix it, but I can't shift to neutral unless I can get the electronics on. This is my daily driver. Please save me.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds strange that your starter would take out all of your electrics. Have you checked fuses?

Sorry about the problems. Having AAA is priceless when you own an old rover.

sweetlew

Reaction score
Sounds strange that your starter would take out all of your electrics. Have you checked fuses?

Sorry about the problems. Having AAA is priceless when you own an old rover.

Just had AAA out. The tech was stumped. I checked all the fuses, battery leads, and the tech said the started was getting power to it and the battery was fine. Could it possibly be the ignition switch, and if so do you know how I'd check it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM