08 RRS Brake Replacement?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnieR32

Reaction score
I bought an 08 off of a lease back in August with about 26K on the clock. It now has 42K on the clock and the "check brake pad" light came on along with the "brake" light. I knew it was coming due because 40k sounds about right, especially when I don't know how the previous "owners" drove it.

Is it standard on RR to replace both rotors and pads at the same time? I'm used to them wearing at different rates, but this is my first Range Rover. The dealership quoted (over the phone) 860, but that is rotors, pads, and sensor. Oh, for just one axle. So, what say the minds of LRW? Any ideas? Are they just squeezing me for money? Does it make sense that in 3 or less years the rear brakes will need to be done? If so, we're talking about 200 a year on brakes.....doesn't really add up.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First never pay the dealer to do brake work... you can do it your self or take it to a local repair shop for a lot less.

Second, normally it is best on Rovers to change the pads and rotors. You probably can buy them (all 4) for less than the quote on one axle.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some completely illogical reason, my rears have always worn out faster than fronts on rovers. You can buy pads and rotors and wear sensors online for less than $500. Absolutely any half mechanical ****** can put them on. Either do it yourself or pay a local mechanic $100 to do it for you if you don't want to get dirty. If it was me, I'd feel the rotors with my hand and if they were somewhat smooth I'd probably just go with pads at 40k. I didn't change the rotors on my LR3 til 60,000 and I could have gone longer.

Hatmandew

Reaction score
Is that the price to expect on the Supercharge RRS also or just the HSE?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM