05 Disco...I mean LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

Cozmo

Been a Rover owner for 15 years. More electrics means more problems!!!! When you are refering to Rovers. Not to mention from what I've seen of it its Butt ugly!! However it will likely sell well with the Soccer parents set, which is where the money is.

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh how I long to put a spare on the bonnet, where it should be! But have you ever set a 245/75/16 on the hood of your Disco. You can't see around it! It's huge! And a bigger tire would be even bigger! Maybe if you could build a reinforced fiberglass hood w/a recess for the tire, but the engine hole is kind of cramped there, too. But maybe....Sregei, you think I'm crazy, don't you! The word you were looking for re: metal stress, was fatigue, correct? Maybe the LR 3 would look better if they offerd one w/it's spare on the bonnet! Thank You, LRW.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lonnie - yep you totally nailed it. Fatigue! :)

fivespddisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks LRW so i am not the only one with this dream. :stupid: my freind has a series with a 31 inch tire on it and it is fine to see. but maybe tomorrow ill put my 32 on the hood ( bonnet) and see what i see

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa! I just took my 1st close look @ the other pics of the LR 3, and I have to say...I dislike it even more now! A couple things that I noticed were; Now I know for sure what ford did with all those aerostar dashboards after the abrupt end of production. Next, is that a cup holder hidden in the top of the rear door? Yee Haw! where's that beverage gonna go?, out the window or on the floor? Or maybe it's a power window button? Yea! let my child lean on that one, hanging out the window waving @ his friends as we leave the football game. He's a teen, so I'm sure he could roll himself up in a window given 1/2 a chance. Is it a light switch, & if so, can I disable it without doing injury to the ECU? That was all I could stand to look @, as I began feeling ill knowing that this LR 3, if it runs, will probably be a hot seller and Land Rover will be convinced that this type of vehicle is what the American market wants. Thank You, LRW.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112