Problem Starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samoy

Reaction score
I have a Disco 98. It won't start. I have changed the fuel pump, but still won't start.
I have less than a quarter amount of fuel in the tank. Do I need to add fuel and try it agian?
Could it be that the new fuel pump is defective??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Please provide more info...

Can you hear the pump turn on? Could be a bad fuel pump relay.
Plugs and wires where changed?
How many miles?
Last major tune up?
Fuel Filter was changed how many miles ago?
I presume the engine at least turns over?

All info will help.

Samoy

Reaction score
Hey Joey,
I fixed the problem. I guess there was overflow supply of fuel to the engine, si it was choking.
I happened to loosen the pipe which pump fuel back to the tank and had some fuel spilled out. Tightened it back and it started.
Thanks for your help anyways.

By the way I have another minor maybe major problem. When applying my brakes the brake lights go out, but when I let go the turn ON. I guess its a wiring problem.
Would you know if the procedure of getting it fixed is lenghty and if i can perform it by myself??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First thing I would do is check the brake fluid level. Then flush the system. Sounds to me like a fluid issue.

Samoy

Reaction score
Hey Joey,
Remember I fixed a new fuel pump and finally got my car starting. Well now after a week through I am again experiencing the same problem, only this time it starts after about 6-7times of starting.
Any suggestions??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on the mileage of the Disco, it could be either a fuel filter or the injectors going bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib