Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never really attempted to stop squealing brake pads on my LR4. Chasing the noise seems non stop.

These vehicles are heavy and have big brakes. They’re going to make some noise.

Under very light braking I hear some squealing if I have the windows down. If they’re up I can’t hear it. Mine also seem louder in reverse, but I don’t care enough.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've owned our 2010 LR4 for about 7 years and I've not experienced any brake squeal, in temperatures between below zero Farenheit, to over 100°F. We have Ferodo aftermarket front pads and unknown rears (still 50% left, haven't replaced them yet). It's silent both forward and reverse, wet or dry. Currently has 153kmi.

IMO, if there is persistent squealing or any other noise, something ain't right.

:musicus:

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The noise isn't persistent on mine. I'm not worried about it after running errands again in 100F heat today. I had all the windows down saving the A/C. 102F inside and it didn't feel that warm at all. It was quite nice with all the air flow and didn't really hear any more brake noise that was concerning. I think I'm ready to leave the brakes alone for maybe 20k miles or so since the pads are new and the front rotors are new. The rear rotors I never changed, but will need to next time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4