LR3 sway control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottajemd

Reaction score
Please reference my other post http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13157

After comments from the community and Landrover I have decided on a Tekonsha P3 brake controller. Now I need to figure out what to do about sway control. I tow a Fleetwood E2

I already have a sway control from my hitch setup on my Disco 1 but in order to use this on my LR3 I will need to have another small ball to attach this to. Is there a part I can use or do I need to find a local welder to add a tab to the side of the hitch to add this small ball to.

On my Disco 1 sway was not really an issue but I noticed that sway control was nice when I have a gusting cross wind. The E2 tows nice even on rough roads but ...

I can't be the first one to try this so I am hoping someone can pass on their solution.

xjxerx

Reaction score
They usually just weld a tab on to attach the little ball.

Sway controls really make a difference especially coming down out of the
mountains.

Mike

craiglud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have the Prodigy brake controller which has worked flawlessly for me! I also have the Fleetwood E3 that I have been towing with great success. When I had the controller installed I also had them weld the little side arm with ball for the tension sway bar. Towing has been great. I took rig to get weighed and I was at exactly 500lbs for tongue weight so not a lot of wiggle room when loading up.
LR3E3.jpg

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I approved your post... it was waiting for a mod to approve them (trying to prevent spam)

40lr3

Reaction score
The sway bar I bought came with the small ball, but now adapter plate. Reese sells an adapter plate that bolts under the hitch ball and has a wing on it for the sway bar. I tow a 25' travel trailer and this setup works well (albeit after only two windy trips :) ). good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinepgib