Stereo Frustration Maximus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psychoscot

Reaction score
:confused:Just picked up a '91 RRC SWB with MIA factory stereo. I'm trying to put a Kenwood unit in it with no success. This rig has the factory 2 amp and 7 speaker set up. The front amp is in the center console, the rear amp is in the right rear panel with a seperate crossover and unenclosed subwoofer. I can't get any sound from any of the speakers. I figured that wiring the speaker wires from the new unit to the exisitning leads would do the trick. But this ain't workin'!!!! Any help would be appreciated. Am in Longmont CO. Will travel some to get this straightened out. Thanx!:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, you practically have to rewire the whole unit. Security features.

psychoscot

Reaction score
:proud:Figured it out all by my lonesome. A rather tedious PIA. Had to make 3 new wiring harnesses to get it all to work. If anyone else wants to know how to do it, let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9