recall on RR gas tanks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

landroverrights

Just wanted all to know that there is an upcoming recall on certain discos and rr gas tanks. The Land Rover Recall Campaign covers 1994 to 1997 Discovery Series I and 1993 to 1995 Range Rover Classic Vehicles; NHTSA Foreign Campaing No. 04F-007. LR claims that a total of 45,267 built for sale in the US are affected. I came across this letter from LR to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration regarding the recall last sept 2004. I called LR and they said that my vehicle was not part of the recall. I sent letters to the NHTSA and they talked to LR and LR told NHTSA that my vehicle WAS part of recall. Well here it is March 2005 and I still haven't received my recall notice. LR in Birmingham, AL told me that notices were going out next week??!! I have a copy of the 4 page letter that LR sent to NHTSA dated April 5, 2004. In the notice it states that the recall campaign was to "commence" in Oct 2004!!!! Vehicles included in the recall are as follows: Disco I produced from Dec 2, 1993 to Nov 4, 1996 (which was the introduction of enhanced evaporative emission specification) and Range Rover Classic vehicles produced from April 16, 1993 to July 3, 1995. I also have vin ranges covered if anybody would like!! GET THE WORD OUT about this important recall; LR is replacing the entire gas tank!!!

agb2g2

Reaction score
Just called my RR dealer and they said that my RR LWB is included in the recall, thanks for the info since I was saving money to change gas tank. :albertein:argh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9