Rear brake question for 98' Land Rover 4.6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgnhis

Reaction score
To clarify, it's a 98' RANGE ROVER HSE 4.6. I'm getting ready to install new rotors and pads on the rear of this vehicle. Does anyone know the socket size (i.e., 16 mm 12 point) I need to remove the rear pad/caliper bracket? And is there anything tricky about this job? And lastly, what size are the lug nuts? Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

sgnhis

Reaction score
Thanks Disco! Do you happen to know the answer to the first part of my question? Want size socket do I need to remove the rear pad/caliper bracket? Thanks again!

sgnhis

Reaction score
Thanks Disco! Do you happen to know the answer to the first part of my question? Want size socket do I need to remove the rear pad/caliper bracket? Thanks again!

So no one knows the size socket needed to remove the rear caliper bracket on the vehicle?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, can't help you. whos pads and rotors are you installing? Make sure to use sound deadening material and do a 3 pint brake flush when done using a synthetic DOT like Vavlonie.

sgnhis

Reaction score
No problem Disco. I'm using Brembo Rotors and Akebono Euro Pads .. $135.88 total. I think the socket size is a 15mm 12 point but not totally sure. I just wish soneone could confirm this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635