MY2003-2006 locking center differential?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mental Acuity

Reaction score
How do you lock the center differential on the 2003-2006 Range Rovers? I am aware that 2007-onward models have Terrain Response which controls the center differential lock and rear differential lock (if equipped).

Oh, and there is a typo in the Welcome to the Land Rover and Range Rover Forums box.
"Post you own photos for hundreds of thousands of people to look at a month". Should be "Post your own..."

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken, the 2003-2006 doesn't have a CDL nor Rear Diff Lock on any RR.

Mental Acuity

Reaction score
Hmm, when researching them, I was told that the 2003-2006 Range Rover had a torsen limited-slip center differential, and that it could lockup if needed.

I’ll admit, how a torsen differential works is a little bit beyond my understanding. But I know there are only buttons and switches on the center console for hill descent control (HDC), air suspension and sifting the transfer case from high range to low range. No button or switch to lock the center differential. I had previously thought when low range was selected; the center differential was automatically locked.

I do know the front and rear differentials are standard open differentials, which are not good for serious offroading. But 4-wheel electronic traction control is used to correct any abnormal torque distribution between the drive wheels.

Does this mean 2007-newer Range Rovers have a different center differential?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
They may have something different in the 2007 and newer, but as far as I am aware the RR has never been the best set up for off road. Normally they are very good off road compared to many other vehicles on the road (factory built), but they are the luxury end of the Land Rover line and not meant for serious off roading.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM