Metal Shaving and Copper Chips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

berrysauto

Reaction score
Hello and thanks, I have found Metal in the bottom of the Sump/oil Pan. 1996 Range Rover 4.0se 140k Have no Previous History, Just Purchased this weekend. The First metal has Shavings that is a steel layer (can be picked up with Magnet) as this as aluminum Foil and the Biggest Piece was baseball size but crumbled up the Second Metal is Copper largest size about 1/8in. all which was clogging up the Pickup Tube. Has anyone had this Before or can you Direct me to the Right thread. Thanks in Advance. Have a Blessed Day. Berry

berrysauto

Reaction score
Very Simple Find

I never thought that the Main Bearings Had Copper, Thats Where my Problem was on # 3 and # 4 Cylinders!

DonnieR32

Reaction score
I may be wrong because my comment pertained to VW's, but I had metal shavings in my oil pan and it was caused by an accident the car was in prior to my ownership. I only found the shavings after we dropped the trans because the front axle snapped under normal driving conditions. Check the vehicles history to rule out any previous accidents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM