Hey Joey or anyone I have vacuum ****** to what? stupid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 95 D1 on the trumpet base on the left side (drivers side in the USA) near the front there is a steel vacuum ****** sticking out. What hooks up to it? Ive been apart for a couple of months besides on the slow mend from back surgery so my progress on the Rover has been slow and delayed. Over this long time away I forgot what connects to this ****** stub. Joey or anyone with a 3.9 engine have an idea? I feel stupid.
Thanks in advance. Carl on an island.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought you did a 4.6 conversion... I take it you still have the older intake?

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Joey it looks completly stock as if it's a 3.9 (this for the tight Calif. smog checks), the only thing different is the 4.6 factory short block. (don't add the RPI cam, Tornado chip and cold ram air intake to the picture, stock intake snorkel as well reposition the TPS and reinstall the stock hot wire unit. I have a spare hot wire unit reset to the RPI chip I reinstall after smog). With my bad back from surgery i'm lucky to just stand up and walk. Over two months to replace the leaking POS valve cover gaskets plus other items i'm adding to the motor plus building a injector cleaning system, I now have a set of balanced Bosch injectors.
This was also a great time to clean the carbon out of the intake runners, I now see bright aluminum and the back side of the intake valves look like new. That cleaning process alone took a long time with the intake valves closed to each runner before cleaning and vacuuming out the carbon.

Yes I have a 95 3.9 ram tube trumpet base intake with a distributor on this 4.6 motor.

I'm running out of time and weather due for smog. A new single wire stake on crimp with a couple nuts as the press on the stud sensor wire was breaking the wire strands. These two items are holding me up plus new plugs, reinstall the plug wires then add PS ATF as I changed out the hoses. plus add coolant then i'm ready to run.
That damn ****** has me stumped to what the vacuum feeds????????????
Between solid rain next week as smogs due next week this is crunch time with a cripple here. If I can't get these couple items done i'm forced to Non Op it, that's another pile of crap to go thru when i'm about ready to run. I tell ya a friend called on a cherry 95 in Richmond which is 16 miles north of me and it was a 5 speed for $1,500, yeah Richmond Virginia instead oops. I was hot and bothered ready with cash in hand the SHMBO approved the purchase.

I'll get you some photos of intrest to you later as this smog is a top priority issue with time and rain coming. Thanks Joey.
I can't believe it, asked the same question on the "landroverusaforums.com" with 7 views with zero replies. I'm not asking for a high tech question like the wire gauge and how many turns are on the induction coil inside the dizzy here.
Same topic the dizzy; best vacuum advance units come as rebuilt from Oz with better rubber material used that last 5 times longer than OEM units that fail all the time. Cheaper also this including the shipping from Oz. I got my D1 back after all these years as the wife got a new car as her replacement knees and 5 speed were a problem in town so she has an automatic now.
Ruperts" mine now. Thanks bro.

Last edited:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries got it all solved, I was thinking German with my BMW's and not Limey.
I'll touch base with you later Joey as the weather is getting bad and I want to get done
with this driveway queen and off the stands. Later bro. Carl.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo