Help Needed with Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregsartain

Reaction score
Short story--I took my vehicle in for a tire change and they lifted the vehicle improperly and burst my rear air bags. I got the replacement air bags... they have been installed but now she won't move from the bump stops, and the level indicator stays at the 'loading' level. She sounds like she wants to do something but doesn't actually do anything. I'm not extremely knowledgeable of RR's and air suspensions. Anyone have ideas of what could be the problem? Could the compressor have gone? Please help.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chances are you'll have to go to a LR Dealership, if not a European Tech that works on RR's to have your Air-Suspension recalibrated once again. If it sounds as though your compressor is making noise, chances are it's working fine, but due to the fact your rear suspension is not leveling out evenly, chances of your air compressor overheating can actually take place, which might end up0 causing you to purchase a new one. If not, have your rear-height sensors checked to see if thats the problem, but from what it sounds like, you'll have to have your air-suspension recalibrated. Good luck with that.

bonnettoboot

Reaction score
tell the people who changed the bags to try jacking it up a few inches, first the rear and operate the raise control, it should operate, then go to the front and do the same,

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take it to the dealer, have them do the repairs and then have the shop pay all your bills for their screw up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM