Air Suspension question.. Help asap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangerover856

Reaction score
Does some 2004 Range Rovers come without Air Suspension? Its a dealership thats selling a Range Rover HSE that said they changed the Air Suspension to Regular standard suspension (so it can not adjust at all). Will that correct reliability issues of Air Suspension not going bad? Also, does this make the rider more harsh since the Suspension can not adjust? Reply asap. thanks!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it has been converted to springs... no air bag issues can ever happen again. Ride will just be consistent. Drive it and if you like it you are good to go... I prefer springs, since they will not be a concern for a very long time (i.e 20 + years)

Hatmandew

Reaction score
I think the air suspension is very reliable. Not like ford / Linc. I have a 2006 RRSS and love the air. The handling and ride is amazing for a car, not to mention for a truck. If the dealer is trying to tell you how much better that one is because of the springs, I would go else where. Someone that can give you a honest opinion. Maybe even go to a land rover dealer and talk with the service manager. They will give you a proper vision.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air-suspension on the Rovers are by far the best. Thats what allows the vehicles to go off-roading much easier, plus the fact that it's a AWD. I would not replace the air-suspension if I were you. The minute you decide to start modifying that vehicle, you might as well trade it in before doing so and get yourself a Jeep. Not trying to be rude, just being honest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM