2006 RR Supercharged - Need buying Tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papageno

Reaction score
Hello,
I am contemplating on buying my 1st RR (a 2006 Supercharged) and would like to know what problem areas to be aware of. Currently I own a 1986 XJ6 VDP and a 1998 XK8 Convertible. Do these British cars all share similar strengths and foibles? What's a good year for RR as far as reliability is concerned?

Thanks,

Truman
Manhattan Beach, CA
[email protected]

Deutsch100

Reaction score
I believe 2006 had some transmission slippage issues, and usual Land Rover electrical glitches. According to my Rover salesman, the 2007 & 2008 Range Rover is to date, the least problem free Rover built.

shellsant

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I would have said you must have it. I have a 2006 RR supercharged. I bought it used with 17000 miles 8/07. I had it for a month and it needed a new radiator. I haven't had any other issues with it since. A week ago the car had Reduced Engine Performance. The dealer fixed it. 100 miles later the Transmission Fault Limited Gears Only light appeared. Again the dealer repaired it. I asked them to drive it before they returned it. The dealer called. I need a new transmission. It is on backorder. They will call me next week. The dealer says this rarely happens. I have no idea if that is the truth. I am thankful it under warranty!

userdmx

Reaction score
i have a 2006 rr sc fullsize i have always had a harsh shift from 1st to 2nd had two software updates no help any ideas?

coors

Reaction score
Is there any new info on this trans slippage/software upgrade topic? I am suppose to pick my '06 Supercharged up on Friday. Getting a little nervous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM