04' Range Rover.. Muffler upgrade!!? asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangerover856

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Range Rover. I want to add new pipes to my truck. I was wondering if I put on two seperate exhaust Mufflers would I lose power from the truck? Reply asap. thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
you will not lose power, as long as the flow is the same or better. If you add more restrictive mufflers than yes it can cause a lose of power.

rangerover856

Reaction score
Ok cool, thats what i figured. Whats the inlet size for the muffler, is it 2.5" or 2.25"?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly that is a question I do not have an answer for. Of course you could measure it.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been looking into it as well. I'm out here in the Southern California area and I found a place called, International Motorsports in Huntington Beach. His name is Martin, he's specialized in working on european vehicles, primarily Ferrari's and Maserati's. I requested a quote from him and he's willing to charge me about $600-$700 US Dollars to have it done on my 04 RR-HSE. He mentioned he would put in a magnaflow stainless steel exhaust, and some stainless steel pipes as well. I've been calling other places as well, and for the most part they're willing to charge about $350-$450 US Dollars to have the same work done. I know I can save a few hundreds bucks by going elsewhere, but my concern would be the quality of work done by other shops, compared to someone who works on top of the line vehicles? I plan on doing it either way, but I'll have to see if anyone else has any other better suggestions instead. Good luck man.

stevensake

Reaction score
Posted by trucking - flowmaster parts

In case that the mufflers are too large for one’s vehicle, they are likely to reduce the efficiency of utilization of fuel
I have always used a flowmaster exhaust on my trucks, they have served me well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM